Saturday, February 7, 2009

To the left is shown a stunning red doily I made instead of finishing my hooked rug. It needs to be stiffened and a home found for it, not the rug, the doily. hehe I was hoping to take the doily to tatting class to see what could be improved on.

I found the pattern here http://web.archive.org/web/20010304150340/msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/rmmrogers/RR.html

I'm feeling a bit sad, my tatting class is canceled for tomorrow. Allison, my tatting friend & I are taking an intermediate class and our instructor Marlene is ill. Hopefully she'll feel better by next Sunday. One of the things we are going to learn is how to add beads! This is a good thing, there seem to be a lot of beads in my craft room and anything that helps me use them up is good. The class is very small, about 5 people, so far three of us from the tatting 1 class signed up for the next one. The other gal, does fiber arts too, so we all have something in common. The classes are held in a barn that has a class room. Quilting, rug hooking, basket weaving and other traditional American craft work classes are offered. They sell supplies too, which is nice because sometimes its hard to find what you need in our area. I like Handy Hands Tatting to order from, she ships quick and has a great selection of good stuff :) Micheal's and JoAnn's don't carry much for tatters.

Tomorrow is cleaning and cooking day. Cooking on Sunday for the upcoming week makes it easier to cook after work. I also try to do the prep work for the next evenings meal while the current meal is cooking. It helps get the meal done quicker so we aren't eating at 9 o'clock. I also make a note card with the food items that need to be used and plan my meals around that. Otherwise thing get lost in the fridge and we end up throwing food out. My grocery list goes on that card too. The ulterior motive here is the less time spent cleaning and cooking..... more time for tatting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work! The doily is stunning! That looks like a verson of the Rose Rogers round robin doily! I've done one exactly like this one except for one round in the middle.

Gina said...

You'll have fun doing beads. I did a series of classes for my lace guild members at the library, working on tatting skills and specifically with beads. There are many different ways to add beads so have fun exploring!

Allison said...

love the color you choose Sara!! i'm so close to being done with my hankie!!! see you soon!

Rose Rogers Tatting said...

This is a beautiful rendition of the original Rose Rogers' Round Robin. Absolutely LOVE the color. It's wonderful to see what different colors people use and how they seem to "change" the appearance of the original pattern!