Wednesday, February 18, 2009


I won an auction for a bunch of The Workbasket magazines, a big box of them! Not only do they have tatting, but also crochet, knitting, recipes, how-to on a lot of different topics and I found a couple of articles on rug hooking. Too bad they don't publish this neat little magazine anymore, it has a bit of something for everyone. Some them have a Junior Workbasket project in them, too cool! All of the magazines I got are from the 50's and 60's. I can't wait to try some of the patterns. I may even have to learn to knit hehe!

I finished an edging for a purple T-shirt and attached it last night. I purchased the thread from Lady Shuttlemaker, it's Tuscany in a size 80. The pattern is from a hankie I found in a box from one of my grandma's houses. The funny thing is my tatting friend Allison and I were looking at each others project and a round on her doily is the same pattern as my edging. She did a lovely job and hopefully she'll find a cool place to put it. Check out her blog to see the doily and our latest class project.

http://tattingfarmchick.blogspot.com/

Next tatting class we are working with two colors, not sure what colors I'll choose, but I better get it decided. I can't wait for BEADS!! I have so many beads anytime I can use them or find homes for them it's a good thing.

Happy Tatting!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Three cheers for Vintage WOrkbasket magazines and their tatting patterns!!! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!!!
Way to score! :)
Looking forward to seeing your edging in Lady Shuttle Maker's Tuscany! :)

Allison said...

oooh! cool! i love old publications! you'll have to bring a couple to Sunday's class! your edging is so pretty, i love the colors!

sarah louise said...

congrats on the magazines!!! wow -- what fun to look thru. boredom will most definitely NOT ever be a part of your vocabulary!! most of the pieces i tat are from old workbaskets. enjoy them! am happy for you!